Ford Audio Video Systems (Ford) commits to conducting our business in a socially responsible and ethical manner that seeks to protect the environment. Our goal is to be a leader in environmental practices by emphasizing and encouraging innovative and creative solutions, and continually improving our environmental performance. We emphasize education and training for employees and seek to improve corporate governance and reporting of environmental metrics.
To accomplish this, we will strive to:
- Integrate environmental protection into every aspect of its business.
- Comply with all environmental regulations without regard to the degree of enforcement.
- Follow relevant standards, good engineering practices and risk management principles to ensure environmental protection activities are conducted responsibly.
- Ensure conformity with this policy and continual improvement through a comprehensive compliance program.
- Require that all employees are held responsible for compliance with all policies, procedures, practices and laws applicable to their duties.
Ford considers the safety of its employees and the general public to be its number one priority. The ultimate goal is to provide a healthy and safe environment free of accidents or injuries. The responsibility for safety extends from top management to trade workers and includes everyone in between. We work diligently to observe all applicable Federal, State and local requirements, and to be guided by good practice as necessary for each specific location and circumstance.
- Ensure that our employees, and the people who work for contractors, customers, and suppliers; and individuals in the communities affected by our activities are treated with dignity and respect
- Reduce greenhouse-gas emissions of our business operations through energy conservation, energy efficiency, and the procurement of renewable energy
- Responsibly manage and dispose of our electronic waste
- Deliver sustainable work environments that promote wellness and the conservation of natural resources through water efficiency, source reduction, material reuse and recycling, and the purchase of materials containing recycled and/or renewable natural resources
- Support a distributed worker program that helps to reduce employee commuting
- Implement sustainable procurement practices where possible
- Incorporate our sustainability principles into our business relationships by seeking similar commitments from our major suppliers
- Foster employee awareness and active participation through corporate communications and select training programs
- Promote open dialogue and share best practices with our stakeholders
PRACTICE CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- Set objectives and targets to promote improvement in our performance
- Integrate these practices into our business planning, decision making, performance tracking, and review processes to help us achieve stated goals