Once a fully operational military facility, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport opened its doors in May 1999 as a commercial airport. Ford updated the existing infrastructure to improve the security and comfort for the 12 million passengers that travel each year through Austin’s airport.
- High output overhead speakers were installed to produce clear communication to passengers and cut through ambient noise throughout the terminals
- High-definition LED displays were placed across the terminals to provide visual updates to flights
- New digital paging stations provide employees quick access to the PA system to make last-minute announcements to specific gates and areas
- City of Austin
- Bai, LLC.
- Hensel Phelps Construction
- Ford Audio-Video Systems, LLC