Location: Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Denver, Glendale, Houston, Las Vegas, Little Rock, New York City, Oakland, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, Tulsa, Washington, D.C.
Compensation: Based Upon Experience, Benefits, Bonus Opportunities, Salary
Engineers are an integral part of Ford and have a significant role in the systems that are designed and installed. Engineers have the opportunity to design arenas, airports, schools, stadiums, houses of worship, healthcare facilities, entertainment and corporate facilities. Typical A/V systems include boardrooms, meeting, training and videoconferencing. Lighting systems are designed for theatrical and broadcast television. Ford installs systems in command and control rooms for the US military, and network operation centers (NOC) for telecommunication providers. Most systems are digital and controlled by computers using software designed by Ford engineers.
The engineer is responsible for preparing CAD system drawings, programming DSP, and designing AV computer control systems. The remaining time is spent meeting with clients and inspecting, testing, and working at job sites. The engineer also participates in training the customer. Every engineer is expected to approach all projects with an emphasis on quality design, installation, and service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Experience with the design and installation of professional audio, video, network and lighting systems
- Programming experience with Crestron/AMX is desired
- Experience with CAD or AutoCAD
- Interest/ Knowledge of room acoustics and noise control
- Solid leadership ability
- Ability to travel: Approximately 4 days/month (depending upon the size & location of the project)
- High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality of work
- Excellent communication and PC skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Driven by quality customer service
- Seek long-term employment
- Personal interest in electronics, music, sound, lighting, computer networking and/or video systems desired
Compensation & Benefits:
Ford offers on-going industry training, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, travel Per Diem, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K with matching, industry certifications and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.
AV, A/V, Audio Video, Audio-Video, Audiovisual, Audio Visual, Videoconferencing, Telepresence, Digital Signage, Sound Systems, Audio Systems, Audio Design, Video Systems, Video Design, Video Production, Audio Production, Audio Video Contractor, Audio Engineering, Unified Communications, Broadcast, Control Systems, Digital Culture, Technical Theater, Digital Design, Lighting Design, Communication Systems, Sound Engineer, A/V Integration, A/V Integrator, Sound Engineer, Electronic Installation, Commercial Construction, Telecommunications, Interactive Media, CTS Certification, Infocomm, Avixa