Compensation: Based Upon Experience, Benefits, Bonus Opportunities, Salary
Ford is a nationally recognized electronic systems contractor that designs, installs and services sound, video, network and lighting systems throughout the United States (and some international customers). Engineers are an integral part of Ford and have a significant role in the systems that are designed and installed. Engineers have the opportunity to design arenas, airports, schools, stadiums, houses of worship, healthcare facilities, entertainment and corporate facilities. Typical A/V systems include boardrooms, meeting, training and videoconferencing. Lighting systems are designed for theatrical and broadcast television. Ford installs systems in command and control rooms for the US military, and network operation centers (NOC) for telecommunication providers. Most systems are digital and controlled by computers using software designed by Ford engineers.
The engineer is responsible for preparing CAD system drawings, programming DSP, and designing AV computer control systems. The remaining time is spent meeting with clients and inspecting, testing, and working at job sites. The engineer also participates in training the customer. Every engineer is expected to approach all projects with an emphasis on quality design, installation, and service.
- BSEE or BSEET or Equivalent Experience
- Experience with the design and installation of professional audio, video, network and lighting systems
- Programming experience with Crestron/AMX is desired
- Experience with CAD or AutoCAD
- Knowledge of room acoustics and noise control
- Solid leadership ability
- Ability to travel: Approximately 4 days/month (depending upon the size & location of the project)
- High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality of work
- Excellent communication and PC skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Driven by quality customer service
- Seek long-term employment
- Personal interest in electronics, music, sound, lighting, computer networking and/or video systems desired
Compensation & Benefits:
- Ford offers on-going industry training, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, travel Per Diem, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401K with matching, industry certifications and opportunities for advancement.