Compensation: Based Upon Experience, Benefits, Bonus Opportunities, Hourly
With safety and quality workmanship as a priority, the Installation Technician installs commercial audio, video, and lighting systems as sold and to the satisfaction of the customer. The job responsibilities include: installing LCD/ DLP video projection systems, speakers (ranging from ceiling mounted to clusters), pulling cabling and terminating A/V systems; harnessing racks, patch bays and mixing consoles; working at heights; installing components such as touch panels and speakers. The ability to trouble-shoot basic audio, video, and control systems problems is a plus. The successful candidate is self-motivated and professional and is seeking long term employment. A personal interest in technology, electronics, music, sound, lighting, video and/or security systems is preferred. Travel required.
- Interest in or Prior Experience with Commercial Installation in the AV industry or Related Field Desired
- Prior Experience with Commercial Construction Desired
- Ability to Solder and Crimp Connectors (XLR, RJ45, TRS, BNC, and F-CONN)
- Ability to Read and Interpret Construction and AV Drawings Preferred
- Audio DSP Platform Certification (Ex. Biamp, ClearOne, Polycom) Preferred
- Video Processing Platform Certification (Ex. Extron, Jupiter, Christie) Preferred
- Control System Platform Certification (Ex. AMX, Crestron, Extron) Preferred
- Proficient in the use of Basic Hand and Power Tools
- CTS or CTS-I Certification Desired
- Ability to Travel Required
- Ability to Work at Heights, on Lifts & Ladders Required
- Must Possess a Valid Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record
- Must be DOT Certifiable.
- PC Skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet)
- Perform Installation Task in a Timely and Quality Conscious Manner
- Ability to Think and Work Independently and Meet Necessary Deadlines
Compensation & Benefits:
Ford offers on-going industry training, competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, travel Per Diem, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, 401k with matching, industry certifications and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.
Installation Technicians are required to pass a pre-employment DOT Physical Exam for certification which is required for the operation of large trucks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment and can occasionally be required to drive to client sites.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20 feet tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
AV, A/V, Audio Video, Audio-Video, Audiovisual, Audio Visual, Videoconferencing, Telepresence, Digital Signage, Sound Systems, Audio Systems, Audio Design, Video Systems, Video Design, Video Production, Audio Production, Audio Video Contractor, Audio Engineering, Unified Communications, Broadcast, Control Systems, Digital Culture, Technical Theater, Digital Design, Lighting Design, Communication Systems, Sound Engineer, A/V Integration, A/V Integrator, Sound Engineer, Electronic Installation, Commercial Construction, Telecommunications, Interactive Media, CTS Certification, Infocomm, Avixa