Compensation: Based Upon Experience, Benefits, Hourly, Incentives
The Bid Administrator is responsible for reviewing and organizing all bid proposal requirements, general conditions, and other contractual front end documents as part of the bid response; evaluates legitimate bid opportunities; secures all required bid documentation; coordinates the efficient and accurate progression of bid projects with the Bid Estimators; assists the Bid Division Manager (BDM) throughout the bidding process and stages; contacts and coordinates bidding details with bid recipients such as General Contractors, Consultants, and end users; and, assists the BDM with administrative duties for all projects; responsible for making follow up calls on submitted bids. Prefer a technical background and aptitude, knowledge of and experience with construction projects, good reading and writing skills, interest in music, sound, lighting, video, and/or security systems desirable.
- Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent reading comprehension – strategic highlighting / parsing
- Concise and professional writing ability
- Quick and accurate typing
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude, good people skills
- Not afraid to cold call and be persistent in making connections with potential partners / vendors
- Self-motivated and committed to meeting deadlines
- PDF editing experience – Adobe or Bluebeam
- Rough-construction experience
- Contracting / bidding experience
- Familiar with Audio/Visual equipment and installation/engineering practices
- Prior Management Experience
- Degree in Contract Management Preferred
- CTS Certification Preferred
Salary & Benefits:
Ford offers a competitive compensation and benefits including: medical insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off (PTO), 401K (w/ matching fund), profit-sharing, and opportunities for advancement.
Ford is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, personnel in safety- sensitive positions are subject to drug testing. Moreover, pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and/or post-accident drug testing may be conducted in accordance with company policy and all applicable laws in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. All applicants for this position tentatively selected for employment at Ford are subject to pre-employment drug testing and a final offer of employment is contingent upon a negative drug test result.
AV, A/V, Audio Video, Audio-Video, Audiovisual, Audio Visual, Videoconferencing, Telepresence, Digital Signage, Sound Systems, Audio Systems, Audio Design, Video Systems, Video Design, Video Production, Audio Production, Audio Video Contractor, Audio Engineering, Unified Communications, Broadcast, Control Systems, Digital Culture, Technical Theater, Digital Design, Lighting Design, Communication Systems, Sound Engineer, A/V Integration, A/V Integrator, Sound Engineer, Electronic Installation, Commercial Construction, Telecommunications, Interactive Media, CTS Certification, Infocomm, Avixa